Born to celebrate our third birthday in 2018, and now well over 130 members. Hub Vélo CC to gives members a chance to ride and train and race across a range of disciplines.
Membership is available at the shop or via the British Cycling website:
Cost of Membership includes free cap and bottle: Adult - Full £40 pa, Youth - U18 £15 pa, Youth - U16 £10 pa. Membership benefits include free Hub Vélo cap and bottle as well as 15% discount (on majority of items) in store for the duration of membership. Club membership bundles available. Club kit is supplied by Santini and includes a snazzy range of jerseys, winter jerseys, bib shorts, caps, skinsuits for racing and gilets.
We do regular rides (as well as quite a few ad hoc rides!) so if you're looking for some riding buddies, why not join? We generally head out for a ride in the surprisingly quiet lanes of Essex, for a loop of between 60-100km depending on how we all feel (and if there's a coffee stop). Regular rides leave from the shop at 8am on Wednesday mornings and 9am on Saturday Mornings. Other rides are organised regularly on the club whatsapp group.
If you wish to join us on a club ride then we ask that you:
- Have a bike with drop handlebars, gears and road tyres. We occasionally run off road and casual rides where flat-bar bikes (hybrids) will be suitable, but these are not ideal for our club rides.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and roadworthy. If you need a bike service, you know where to come! We're happy to give you a quick check if you're unsure.
- Wear appropriate cycling gear (No jeans etc). Baggy jackets, baggy shorts or cotton t-shirts are generally not a good idea. If wearing baggy clothes you will have to work harder to keep up, so we ask that you wear cycling specific clothing (yes, that means lycra!)
- Clip in shoes advised, if you don't have them for your first couple of rides that's OK.
- All participants should understand and use gears, brakes, cleated pedals and be confident riding on the road and in traffic. You will be riding in a group and your ability on the bike will affect those around you. You have a responsibility not to endanger your fellow riders.
- Usually we have an A, B and C ride doing anywhere from 100-60km. With the B and C being non-drop rides so we wont leave you behind!
- Bring spare tubes, tyres, pump, money, some food and suitable clothing
Check out our recent activity on Strava (may vary depending on weather and motivation!):