Born to celebrate our second birthday in 2016, and now approaching 100 members, Hub Vélo CC to gives members a chance to ride and train and race across a range of disciplines.
Membership is available at the shop or via the British Cycling website here.
Cost of Membership includes free cap and bottle: Adult – Full £25 pa Youth – U18 £15 pa Youth – U16 £10 pa Membership benefits include free Hub Vélo cap and bottle as well as 15% discount in store for the duration of membership. Club membership bundles available. Club kit is supplied by Santini and includes a snazzy range of jerseys, winter jerseys, bib shorts, caps, skinsuits for racing and gilets.
We do regular rides (as well as quite a few ad hoc rides!) so if you’re looking for some riding buddies, why not join? We generally head out for a ride in the surprisingly quiet lanes of Essex, for a loop of between 60-100km depending on how we all feel (and if there’s a coffee stop). Regular rides leave from the shop at 8am on Wednesday mornings, and 9am on Saturday Mornings.
- Have a bike with drop handlebars, gears and road tyres. We occasionally run off road and casual rides where flat-bar bikes (hybrids) will be suitable, but these are not ideal for our club rides.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and roadworthy. If you need a bike service, you know where to come! We’re happy to give you a quick check if you’re unsure.
- Wear appropriate cycling gear (No jeans etc). Baggy jackets are generally not a good idea.
- Clip in shoes advised, if you don’t have them for your first couple of rides that’s OK.
- All participants should understand and use gears, brakes, cleated pedals, etc efficiently and be confident riding on the road and in traffic. You will be riding in a group and your ability on the bike will affect those around you. You have a responsibility not to endanger your fellow riders.
- Do brake for cake and coffee
- You should have ridden at least 50km at 23kmh average. Usually we will do around 60-70km at 25kmh. We will not leave you behind, though you should have a means of navigating if you get lost or need to get home.
- Bring spare tubes, tyres, pump, money, some food and suitable clothing
Check out our recent activity on Strava (may vary depending on weather!):