Our delicious Energy Bars that are buttery, caramely and moist. You can add anything you fancy as long as you stick to the original formula.
- 120g butter
- 100g brown soft sugar
- 1tbsp honey
Put into asaucepan and melt on medium heat. Boil until slightly caramely – about 3 minutes
- 130g ground almonds
- 60g buckwheat flakes
- 30g millet flakes
- 35g linseeds
- 20g hemp seeds or chia seeds or sesame seeds
- 70g mixed dried fruits – I usually combine sultanas/currants with cranberries
- Mix all ingredients together, then add melted butter and sugar. The mixture will be quite wet.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking tray, sprinkle with seeds of your choice – I use 22X22cm, but could be 12 or 24 hole cupcake silicone mould
- Bake at 180C / Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden
- Apricot & Pistachios – 70g apricots instead of dried fruits, 35g pistachios
- White Chocolate & Cranberry – I put only 50g sugar for this one, add about 50g chopped white chocolate, 40g cranberry and 20g currants
- Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Nibs, Peanut Butter….. The possibilities are endless!!